Sunday, November 20, 2005

A Book that a Lot of us Read


Being a shy type of kid, I was too embarrassed to buy this book myself, but some kind soul took pity on me. I still remember the day it happened. I was going to drive home for lunch in the old '49 Dodge (remember when kids could go home for lunch, or to the Dairy Queen?), and when I looked in the car window, I saw a copy of Peyton Place lying on the front seat. To this day I don't know who tossed it in the open window of my car. Maybe it was someone who's reading this and will now come forward to accept my thanks. I re-read the book a couple of years ago and enjoyed it almost as much as the first time, though the parts I thought were very sexy back in the old days seemed tame by comparison with everything available now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't do it.