Thursday, July 18, 2013

Mr. Richardson's Book

Amazon.com: DEEP EAST TEXAS BULL: Meanderings in the 1930s and 40s of a Country Boy from Chester (9781887918268): A. Ennis Richardson: Books: From the author: In my meandering of the last sixty some-odd years, I am convinced that Deep East Texas Bull does indeed have its unique traits and values. This because of a unique and deep-seated culture all its own; or should I say cultures of their own. Each community, even though generally small in area and population, had developed cultural traits particular to that community. Each was, particularly when I was a boy, partially isolated by such natural barriers as distance, creeks, rivers, and dense forests and such man-made, or should I say, lack of such man-made improvements such as roads, communication systems and the like, cultivated its own standards.

No comments: