Friday, June 02, 2006

And Here are the Songs


The sad news is that I remember very few of these. I remember the encores because I hated "Ides of March" and liked "Amparito Roco." I remember "On the Trail" because it was the Phillip Morris theme song. I remember "My Fair Lady" because of a joke about one of the songs (I used to call "I've Grown Accustomed to Your Face" by the title "I've Trown a Crust into Your Face"). I vaguely recall playing "Themes from the Nutcracker Suite." I'm sure Raymond and James remember the ones they soloed on, but I don't even remember "Holiday for Winds," though I'm sure the clarinets must have had a big part.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

High Society was from the movie with Bing Crosby and Grace Kelly (later the Princess Grace of Monaco..who cares), but was a popular movie and a popular song, sorta in the dixieland style.

Thanks for the pictues. Brings back lots and lots of GOOD memories...

Anna & Jim Parten

mybillcrider said...

I have a lot of good memories, too, and finding things to put on the blog brings back even more. I saw that movie with Grace Kelly and Der Bingle, but I don't remember playing those songs at all.