Friday, March 03, 2006

Another Party

Okay, I'm guessing here. Help me out. Dolly, front left. Margaret Ann behind her. Joyce, Marcella, Gladys, Johnny, Mary, Lance. Marvin's head in back between Marcella and Gladys. Pat in front between them. Marion on right in front. Don't know who's between him and Pat. Can't tell who's peeking out from behind Dolly (Pat Bryan?) or who's behind Joyce (Ray Pugh?).

It's been pretty well confirmed that the above names are correct. Margaret Ann and Sandra tell me that the girl in front is Mary Martin. Here's what Margaret Ann says:

"That is Mary Martin in front. She dropped out early in high school and married a man named Blackmon. He had a used car lot and she worked at the old Safeway store as a checker. I used to see her often when I would go to the grocery store for my mother." This proves (as if there was ever any doubt) that Margaret Ann's memory is a lot better than mine.

No comments: